- Have a child around.
- Get awesome presents for said child, and be so excited to give them the gifts that you get that old feeling back, like the one you had when you were a kid and your stomach got butterflies when you thought about waking up Christmas morning.
- Make a gingerbread house with your child.
- Decorate the tree with an extremely helpful child and don’t be bothered if every ornament is at about the three and a half foot mark while the rest of the tree is suspiciously bare.
- Watch countless “SpongeBob’s Christmas” specials.
- Have long and drawn out conversations about elves and what exactly they do up there in the North Pole.
- Play outside in the snow.
- Make magic.